April 24th, 2009 by kevin
Update! We’ve filled this position – thank you to all who applied. Be sure to check back here for more positions in the future!
We’re looking to hire another software developer to join our company. Take a minute to read this post and see if you meet our qualifications and are interested in working with us.
This position is for full-time employment, and we are looking to hire long term. This job will be geared towards you if you are fresh out of school, close to being done with school, or don’t have a whole lot of official experience in programming.
We are generally looking for candidates who have a programming-related degree (computer science, etc.), but we won’t hold it against you if you don’t have one. That being said…
Official Job Requirements
- You really, really seriously enjoy coding – web coding in particular.
- You are able to take ownership of a project and meet deadlines.
- You are open to doing things outside of writing code on occasion (i.e., fetching coffee for Erins).
- You are professional, disciplined, focused, but able and willing to have fun at work.
- You have a track record of doing exceptionally well at whatever it is you’ve done in the past.
You’ll Stand Out More If You…
- Have played around with or used Ruby on Rails, .NET, Php, HTML, and CSS.
- Read programming blogs and/or books (impress us more by guessing some of our favorites).
- Have your own blog and post about coding-related things.
- Have created cool programming projects outside of work and school.
What Will You Work On?
We always tend to work in the latest and greatest versions of each platform; we like to stay on the bleeding edge of web technology.
Will I Learn Lots of Good Stuff?
Oh you betcha. On the technical side, you’ll learn web coding in all of the aforementioned languages, how to design and manage databases, and how to work with designers to give your website the “bling bling” factor.
Your Work Environment and the People You Work with Matter
We boast a colorful and comfortable office space in mid-town, and we’re working hard to make it a great place for developers to work. You won’t find any cubicle farms, water coolers, or TPS reports here.
We don’t have a complex command structure, either. You’ll get to work directly with the founders of the company and the Erins. We’re pretty friendly and fun peeps, and we promise not to boss you around too much. We’re also developers (excluding Erin #2), not clueless, spikey-haired middle managers, and we’re avid followers of the business philosophies of people/companies like Joel Spolsky, 37 Signals, and Eric Sink.
You will Receive the Following
- Competitive pay
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Health Insurance stipend
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home
- Retirement account (401k)
Additional Neat Things
- Free soda and snacks of your selection
- Semi-frequent company outings (lunches, golfing, bowling, etc.)
- Fun work environment (Foosball, darts, drinks, video games)
- Fancy equipment: MacBook Pro, 24” monitors, speedy Desktop PC
Think this job has your name on it? To apply, send an email to email@example.com and tell us a little about yourself, including why you think you’d be a good fit at BrightMix. Be sure to attach a copy of your resume, and include any relevant URLs (blog, websites, past projects, portfolio’s, etc).
We look forward to hearing from you!You can see more about this here : http://dreamjobx.com/career-advice-planning